Gujarat Maritime Board
The state of Gujarat could attain the milestone by virtue of the 1600 kms long coastline, the proactive measures, strategic and innovative measures by the government. Apart from this, the Gujarat Maritime Board has offered the much required channelized guidance and support to ensure constant improvements.
Gujarat Maritime Board: The Evolutionary History
After operating for two and half years, the Gujarat Maritime Board planned to develop the ports together with rail links and roads. It took up the initiative to privatize port services, facilitate captive and private jetties. It was in 1995 that the State’s Port Policy Statement spelled out a strategy of the port led development that included creation of 10 new world class ports.
The port sector in Gujarat was placed in a completely new orbit, with the dawn of the new millennium. The Gujarat Maritime Board rolled out many new policies as New Shipbuilding Policy, Captive Jetty Expansion Policy and BOOT Policy to ensure port centric development in Gujarat.
Objectives of Gujarat Maritime Board
- The board aims to maximize the coastal gains and extend the strategic advantages of the ports of Gujarat.
- Capture maximum traffics at the ports of Gujarat and improve container traffic at the Gujarat Maritime Board ports
- Develop the state as a Repair/Shipbuilding hub
- Strengthen the role in bulk and liquid cargo
- Offer infrastructure support, property and services to ensure private investment
- Protect the environment from ecological degradation and abide by the GREEN laws
- Promote different types of development that is centered on the ports such as Logistic Parks, Ro-Ro Ferry Terminal services, Marine Tourism, and Jetty Services.
- Ensure security and safety at all levels of operation
- Implement latest technology and bring innovation at different ports.
Gujarat Maritime Board TodayThe Gujarat Maritime Board today looks after 41 minor ports with an aim to improve international trading relations and aid economic development in the state.
Vision of Gujarat Maritime Board
Mission of Gujarat Maritime Board
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0